11 May 2007

What I Believe

I consider myself neither a Democrat, nor a Republican, nor an Independent. I consider myself a Neo-Populist. If you're new to politics and political history, The Populist Party was a third party at the turn of the 21st Century, that believed in unions, increased minting of silver, and labor regulations.

We need to return to this era, to fight not for the fascists, but for the people, for whom the Framers built this country upon, by, of, and for. Obviously, the Free Silver Party isn't making a comeback, but what about reform in education, voting rights, the economy, and national defense?

Why must we follow the 24-hour 'newstainment' cycle, laden with entertainment news and 'wedge issues' such as abortion and homosexual marriage and rights? We don't have to follow it; we can-no, we must-change it.

Daniel

P.S. For more info on the Populist Party, please read former Senator-and Presidential candidate-Mike Gravel(D-AK)'s book, Citizen Power.

No comments: